belair mansion and stables
National Register Listed
Constructed between 1742 and 1746, the three-story stone and brick mansion house at Belair was built as a plantation and summer retreat for the Provincial Governor of Maryland, Samuel Ogle and his wife, Anne Tasker Ogle. Over the course of three centuries the building served as a farm, an office building for the Levitt and Sons development company, and later as Bowie City Hall.
DBA’s work with the City of Bowie has included investigations, studies, and restoration work at the Belair Mansion and Stables, a National Register Listed property. Site investigations and research were conducted for the assemblage and issuance of a Conditions Assessment and Preservation Plan for the property in 2014. The report identified specific items that required immediate further structural investigations or locations that needed long-term condition monitoring. These services, along with Construction Documents and Construction Administration for the repointing work, were completed by DBA and consulting structural engineers, 1200 Architectural Engineers. The mansion and stables have remained open, operating as a museum run by the city.