National Historic landmark
Commissioned by Provincial Governor Horatio Sharpe and constructed between 1764 and 1777, Whitehall is among the finest of our nation’s early colonial residences. Incorporating a Roman central block with a portico, it is distinguishable by its unusual one-story, five-part plan.
Davis Buckley Architects and Planners (DBA) developed a detailed five year preservation and capital expenditure plan for Whitehall with prioritized recommendations. The first phase consisted of the restoration of the structure, exterior walls and dependencies. The incorporation of a geothermal system and state-of-the-art climate control system is included in the second phase of work and the restoration of the interiors and furnishings comprises the third phase of restoration.